- Territory Business Centres are the initial contact and referral point for starting a business including business, occupational and industry licence information and business assistance.
- Contact the NT Business Enterprise Centre for small business advice and business workshops.
- The Indigenous Business Development Program assists Indigenous people to enter commercial business or expand existing businesses creating employment and wealth creation opportunities.
- The Indigenous Responsive Program targets Indigenous people for delivery of training that links to work ready or employment in Indigenous communities.
- The Training for the Future - Employer Support Scheme and the Employer Incentive Scheme provides financial assistance to businesses that employ apprentices and trainees.
- The NT Equity Training Grants program provides funding to increase training and employment opportunities for Territorians who are disabled, mature-aged, long term unemployed, refugees and parents returning to work (after five years).
- Licensing NT and NT WorkSafe help business and workers meet their responsibilities through workplace visits, advice, and education.
- The User Choice Program funds the delivery of structured training and assessment for full-time, part-time and school-based apprentices and trainees in the Northern Territory.
- Community Benefit Fund provides funding support for not-for-profit organisation to develop and improve the general community.
- Computers for the Community donates refurbished, ex-government computers to community groups to assist them in their work to help other Territorians.
- The Trade Support Scheme can provide funding to assist business to become more export ready. This support may include business planning, a marketing strategy or developing an online presence.
- If a local business is export ready and wants to improve relevant networks and relationships, become a partner in the government's delegations to key countries.
The Department of Business also provides a range of training scholarships and programs for businesses and individuals.