The Defence Support Industry Awards recognise outstanding achievements by local business in providing capability to support Defence in the Northern Territory.
The major award is the Minister’s Award for Excellence in the Defence Industry, with the winner receiving $5000.
The selection panel may also award a Special Recognition Award where a nomination is deemed to warrant special recognition.
The achievement by the business can be specific to the business nominated or it can be to the industry in general. Nominees will be assessed according to their activities in relation to growing their Defence support capability or that of the industry including:
- seeking out business opportunities from Defence decisions
- implementing business and workforce development initiatives
- developing strategic partnerships
- raising the profile and reputation of the NT Defence support industry
- investing in equipment or infrastructure to increase capability and capacity.
The awards are designed to enhance the winners’ reputation amongst industry peers locally and nationally, as a business that has made an outstanding achievement in helping to grow this important sector. The awards will raise the winners’ profile in the Defence support sector and contribute to the continued growth and capability of support for the future needs of Defence.